You may have noticed that I have a little plugin in this blog that tweets old blog posts every now and again. It’s really nice as occasionally a random comment appears on an old post that someone missed (maybe because they were away at the time or they weren’t following me back them.
This gave me an idea.
The plan is to select a teacher’s blog every other weekend and show their blog some love by finding a post you like, and sharing it with everyone else. Tweet it, blog a link to it, send a message out on carrier pigeon or perhaps do something creative.
Why should you do this?
- Perhaps there is an old post you missed (due to not being on twitter, blogs etc back then or not even being around)
- It reminds you of an old post/lesson you heard but perhaps forgot/could do with hearing again
- It encourages bloggers to see that people do read and value their posts!
- It will introduce people to other bloggers and blogs that we don’t know already
I think they’re some pretty convincing points!
The way it will work is you have the weekend to look at this persons blog and then on the Monday, I (or someone else if you so wish) will put all the links up on this blog so that all the suggestions will be in one place. Then leave a comment at the bottom of the post for whose blog you’d like to go through next. Easy right!
- Post links on twitter with the hashtag #oldeltpost
- On Monday someone (me by default) puts up a post with all the links
- Comment on the post suggesting the next blog to scan.
This was one of the first blogs I came across so I thought it would be a good one to choose.